Dean of Students Department
New Student & Family Programs
University Center A, Room 4320
M-F, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Thank you to everyone who contributed to the "Families Supporting Students" project during the 2015 FSU Great Give Campaign on March 19-20th! Stay tuned for our official grand total! GO NOLES!
Connecting Families to Florida State University
As the family member of a current Florida State University student, you have an important role in helping your student achieve his or her educational goals. Family Connection welcomes families to connect with, support, and encourage a university environment that allows students to excel in service, leadership, and academic excellence. Florida State University views families as an important partner in achieving the success of our students and institution.
The Family Connection mission includes:
- Information sharing between the University and families of current students.
- Support for University programs and services that promote student success.
- Encouragement of appropriate involvement of families in the college experience.
- Feedback and dialog on issues important to the successful growth of Florida State University as a premier higher education institution
News & Updates:
- Discounted Baseball Tickets! FSU Family Connection is proud to partner with FSU Athletics & Ticket Office to offer discounted baseball tickets for the April 17-19th Family Weekend conference game versus Pittsburgh. All tickets will be $3. To buy those tickets, call Chris Asa at 850-645-9771 by April 3rd. GO NOLES!
- Parents’ Weekend 2015 dates have officially been released! Parents’ Weekend is that special time in fall when families can get better acquainted with the Florida State University campus and enjoy the experience with their student! On October 30 and 31, 2015, we invite FSU parents and families to take part in the many exciting events we have planned for this annual event. The Florida State Seminoles will be facing off against the Syracuse University in Doak Campbell Stadium. Online registration will open on June 1, 2015. Be sure to check pw.union.fsu.edu frequently for updates regarding Parents’ Weekend 2015.
- Can't Wait Until the Fall? Come to one of our THREE Spring Family Weekends - April 2-4, April 10-12, & April 17-19! As we celebrate the start of Spring, we invite you to Tallahassee to see your student and participate in a number of activities available to the campus community. This is an especially unique time to visit your student and the university community because of all of the great things happening in the capitol city. There are three weekends which are packed full of activities – too many for us to choose just one – so we encourage you to choose which of these weekends fits your interest, schedule, and convenience. No registration & no formal structure - it's your time! For more information & a schedule of events, please visit: https://studentaffairs.fsu.edu/fw/
- Congratulations to the new members of our Family Connection Advisory Council: Paul Dryfoos, Denise Duzick, Cindy Johnson, Denis LeClair, Vanessa Miles & Rae White! We look forward to working with you as we help support our students at FSU!
- Congratulations & welcome to our newly admitted 'Noles & their families! As your student begins to register for New Student Orientation, know that we also have a very special Family Orientation program scheduled for you as well! We encourage you to attend to learn more about the amazing opportunities, programs and services that FSU has to offer for you and your student! For more information, visit: http://nsfp.fsu.edu/Orientation-Programs/Family-Orientation